As I said on my 2020 Bookish Resolutions, this year I’m going to try and tackle by TBR
To do this I decided to participate, once again, on Novel Knight’s Beat the Backlist Challenge!
Basically, the idea is to read books that were published in previous years and log them to your BtB list so you can earn point, cross off a bingo squar or whatever tracking method you prefer
Last year I decided to do the BtB Bingo and completed a few squares but this year I’m trying something different and doing The BtB Prompt Lists
There are two lists, one with 24 prompts and another with 80 (just in case you get bored)
I’ll go ticking off the promopts as I manage to complete them but I’ll make a separate post for that.
There are even teams within the challenge, if you are up for a bit of cometition
- The Borrowers! You’re a borrowing fiend! You love getting books from the library or your friends.
- The Re-Readers! You’re always revisiting stories and probably have a few tattered copies of your all-time faves.
- The TBR Stackers! For every book you read, you’re adding a bunch more to your TBR. It never ends!
- The Multi-Taskers! You’re the kind of reader that isn’t satisfied with reading just one book at a time, you like to read multiple!
- And if you’d rather not participate on a team, you can join the challenge as a General Reader!.
I’m obviously a TBR Stacker but you can join which ever defines your backlist style
There are also photo promts for those who prefer bookstagram! You can find them on the official site of just follow the hashtag #BtBMonth20
They go on all year long so even if you don’t feel up to it right now you can join in when ever
For now I wanted to share with you all my way of dealing with the TBR issue, just in case any of you wanted to join as well!