I’m not dead! (yay?) but I’m still in reading-slump hell so bear with not-reviews for a little more
The other day I was tagged on the Liebster Award by the fantastic Ally from @AllyWritesThingsBlog not only does her blog have a pink and grey aesthetic that I love but it also has great content so if you didn’t know about it then take a look!
So, first things first: Thank you, Ally, for the tag!
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
If you could acquire any ability, what would it be?
The ability to read all the books in my TBR! Can I read? Yes. Do I need to read 100 times faster to get to this goal? ALSO YES
This also includes the ability to never fall into a slump
What’s your perfect breakfast?
It depends on the day but if I’m not running anywhere because I overslept then I like to have chocolate milk (yes I’m a child) and scrambled eggs on toast or medialunas
What’s your phone background?
I change it fairly often but it’s always pictures I’ve taken myself, either plants from my garden or just nature being beautiful.
Current background: storm clouds about to rain hell for 5 days straight
Who was your first favourite author?
I’m going to go really mainstream for this but I don’t care: JK Rowling. My older sister was more of a fan than me but she passed onto me the love of reading and especially the love for the Harry Potter books.
If you could use any spell from Harry Potter, which would it be and why?
Expecto Patronous. First of all I’d like to see which memory of mine is strong enough to conjure it, second, it’s a spell that creates an animal that resonates with your soul and it protects you from
If you could only name your children (or pets if you don’t want children) after the characters in a book series, which series and names would you choose?
(Let’s say pets) I think I’d name them after
What’s something you’ve recently been obsessed with? Gush about it.
HAVE YOU WATCHED THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY ON NETFLIX?? It’s a great show with only 10 episodes about 7 adopted siblings with powers that got fucked over by their adoptive father because he made them child-soldires. It’s intense and dynamic and has the best characters. They separated and now they gather again after the death of their father, all of them adults with issues (TM) and super powers.
If you could require everyone to read one book, which book would it be?
Listen, classic books survived this long for a reason and this particular book is all about dudes getting drunk and discussing love without today’s heteronormativity and with a subplot on how everyone wants to fuck Socrates. EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT
Hot or iced coffee?
like me) I like the ritual of making it, and sitting down with a warm cup waiting for it to cool down while enjoying the smell.
What was your favourite subject in school?
I enjoyed PE because we’d get to try a lot of different sports and it helped me find one of my passions: inline hockey
If you could tell your 15-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
You don't need to prove anything to anybody
11 facts about myself
- I work at a law firm
- I’d like to move to the UK or Ireland within the next year
- I’ve started 3 university careers so far…
- …and finished none of them
- Almost everyone in my family is a school teacher
- The main reason I’m fluent in English is because my mom’s family is Irish and they spoke English when they didn’t want my siblings and I to understand
- I’m about to go on a trip I’ve been dreaming of since I was little
- I haven’t read a single full chapter in the entirety of February
- I’ve never done my homework at home because I was “smart” and could write all the answers down while the teachers were collecting it
- I learnt how to fake my mom’s signature so she wouldn’t see my “missing homework” notes,,
- I simultaneously love Tolkien and find his style one of the hardest ones to read
Britanny & Kathy & Marie & Kay Wisteria & Way too fantasy
- What’s your phone’s background? (yes, I’m un-original but it’s such a good question)
- Favorite Tv show/Film based on a book
- What do you do for fun when you’re not reading?
- Favorite animal (with cute gif if possible)
- Is there a book you regret reading?
- Tea or coffee? Why?
- Favorite snack
- Tell us a cherished childhood memory that relates to books
- If you had to move anywhere in the world, where?
- Favorite book cover
- Pick any number and tell us your Top [number] favorite books
***As usual, don’t feel obligated to do this! It’s just for fun