Today’s tag comes from the lovely Life With All The Books, and you should totally check out their blog
1.Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yeeeesss, and it was awfully annoying. Then I found out about audiobooks and a bright world opened for me
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter Saga:
- That’s my childhood right there
- It taught me to value different strengths in different people
- UP UNTIL BOOK 7 It doesn’t promote unhealthy relationships
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (beside books…)?
No, but I carry a kindle, which is almost the same thing? Many books??
5. Do you smell your books?
YES, I can’t get enough of that smell, it’s just so perfect. And I have old and new books so I get different smells
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
With. There aren’t many non-children books with illustrations now-a-days but I love when those are peppered in, either on paragraph breaks or the margins. I feel like they add a certain old-timey feel to the book.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Twilight books, I loved them (still love the memories they bring) and while it wasn’t quality writing they were what brought me the most reading at the time
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Well, not childhood but closer to teenager, my friends and I started an illegal book club where we got the Twilight books passed around my school (while they were strictly forbidden) with other books’ covers so that the teachers wouldn’t find out. It was really fun and a nice bonding experience.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Special 50th anniversary edition of Alice for younger kids translated to spanish
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself being an author in the future?
I write… this blog? I write stories from time to time but my dream is to become an editor rather than an author
12. When did you get into reading?
I love reading since I was little and my dad used to read to my siblings and I before bed but I really got into it in sixth grade. In my school there was this programme called Grandes Lectoras (Big Readers) where you got different prizes according to how many books you read. That year I got the grand prize after reading 100 books and I also got enough traction to keep reading after that.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
The Odyssey by Homer is basically an anthology of tales from most mediterranean cultures at the time, centered around a protagonist who it tired (TM) and just wants to get home to his wife
14. In School what was your best subject?
Maths and literature. The first one because I was really good at it and I didn’t need to study, and the second one because I actually enjoyed it.
15. If your were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
Thank the person and then keep it as decoration on my bookshelf. If I really despised it then I’d just donate it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t know any? I think each book is its own universe and I don’t usually like comparing them.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I take it this was for book tube (?). Let’s change that:
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while writing a post?
I check twitter constantly. I can’t just focus on the post, I have to go through twitter and take breaks in between, no matter how short the post is.
18. What is your favourite word?
Wonderful It’s a word to define something so great it fills you with wonder, like, how amazing is that?
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Definitely a nerd, I mean. I got straight As through most of my school years and now I’m studying engineering and love to talk about parallel worlds theories and the very real possibility of robots taking over to found a communist utopia among humans.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies, the lore is just so much richer and magical, and they adapt to each part of the world, they can be anywhere and take the form of the cultures they interact with.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I do believe in angels but I have to pick shapeshifters. They are mysterious and full of possibilities
22. Spirits or Werewolves?
Spirits, they scare the crap out of me though
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. There’s only so much you can do with zombies, they are no fun
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Forbidden love, only because I loathe love triangles much more. My queer ass has had enough of being forbidden to love but to have generic male 1 and 2 fighting for no reason other than because they want the attention of generic heroine is so overdone
But if we combine those tropes and we do a forbidden love triangle with a happy polyam relationship at the end??? YES
25. And Finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action with romance! Why have one flavor when you can get all of them?