I took this from Sahi @My world of Books
Was I tagged? No. Is anyone surprised? No. Now that we have that out of the way…
This is basically a fun list of questions about books and dark confessions!
Have you ever damaged a book?
Define damaged… My copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix wasn’t the best quality so as I read it some of the pages would fall off. It was horrible to see but I managed to keep all the pages inside and more or less in order.
How long does it take you to read a book?
About a week, it really depends on how much work I have at the time, I haven’t finished a book in a while, right now.
Books that you haven’t finished?
I’m taking this to mean I’m still reading but it’s taking me some time:
- I entered the currrent reading slump and left it sitting with 60% of it read and the rest waiting. I’m coming back to it eventually because I really liked it.
- This one I’m reading in Spanish and I’m loving the change but, as with the previous one, I just don’t feel like reading.
- This is a more personal read for me. I suffer from chronic migraines since I was 9 and this is a great book that helps you understand the attacks and makes me feel less alone. However it’s not easy to read since it can be triggering at some points.
Hyped/popular books you don’t like?
I’m sorry if I mention your favourite author, this are just my opinions and you can disagree. Know that I’ve actually tried to read this books (and finished a few)
- Most books by Sarah J Maas
- Most books by Cassandra Clare
- Blue lily, lily blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
Not really, I’m a firm believer of not feeling bad about the things we enjoy. If I’m reading a book and someone asks then I tell them.
How many books do you own?
Many… they are mostly ebooks but I’m sure it’s over 100
Are you a fast or a slow reader?
It really depends on my mood. Right now I’m taking a month to read a single book while I’ve finished some in 6-8 hours.
Do you like to buddy read?
Since I enjoy reading at my own pace, no. But I do enjoy reading the same book as others so that when we all finish we can discuss it.
Do you read better in your head or out loud?
In my head. I read a lot in English but my pronunciation is not what I’d like it to be. So I read faster and calmer in my head. I get really nervous when I’m reading out loud and my voice quivers, it’s annoying.
If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?
I honestly have no idea. I think I’d just end up hating whichever book I chose since it was the only thing to read time and time again…
Kathy @Pages Below Vaulted Sky
Kathy @Books & Munches
And everyone who wants to be tagged!