How Does it Work?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
11new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
- any 2018 disappointments yet?
- if you could change the genre of one book, what would it be? (for example, turn a contemporary into fantasy.)
- name an author whose entire backlist you wanna read
- would you work in a library or a bookstore?
- reading snacks, like em? hate em?
- name one tv show you love and a book that’d go with it
- what are seven pet peeves you have about books?
- if you could give up one genre forever what would it be?
- stereotypes about reading you wish would disappear
- any book-to-movie/tv show adaptations you love/look forward to? (kudos if it’s not love, Simon :P)
- name one book blogger whose reviews/posts you like!
1_Any 2018 disappointments yet?
Probably… I don’t like to talk about books I don’t like because I may be hurting someone who really loved that book or I may be turning someone away from a book they’ll potentially enjoy. So I’m not naming names but there has already been a couple of disappointments so far.
2_If you could change the genre of one book, what would it be? (for example, turn a contemporary into fantasy.)
Picture this: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens agenda BUT in a wizard school (!!!)
3_Name an author whose entire backlist you wanna read
Leigh Bardugo, I’ve only read the Six of Crows doulogy but I trust her with my life and I can’t wait till I can buy her other books
4_Would you work in a library or a bookstore?
This one is hard but ultimately I’d prefer a library. Libraries were so important for me growing up. My family didn’t have the money to spend on books (or much of anything really) so I spent most of my time out of school in the public library near my house. If I could help a kid, who may not have a nice reality, to find a good book to lose themselves in I’d consider myself blessed.
5_Reading snacks, like em? hate em?
I don’t hate them but I’d rather not, they get in the way and I get distracted from the book. I tried with tea but by the time I remembered I had it the cup was already cold.
6_Name one TV show you love and a book that’d go with it
I don’t watch that many TV shows tbh, don’t have much time lately, but I do have a to-be-watched list. First on the list is Black Lightning
And the books to go with it are books to remember that, while it’s really satisfying to see a black man punching assholes we have to remember that black people are still fighting for their rights in the real world. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and Dear Martin by Nic Stone
Still, I need to watch this show because I know I’m going to love it. I just need to find the time (said the one about to start a new semester)
pray for me
7_What are seven pet peeves you have about books?
These are things that I‘d never do but I don’t judge people who do it
- Wrinkled/ripped pages
- Writing on a book
- Folding the book in half while reading a paperback
- When you lend a book and they forget to give it back… five times
- Speaking of lending books, when you give a book to someone and they take forever to read it
I wanna scream about it with you
- Having a collection that doesn’t match (I do have this, since I’m not rich, but it doesn’t look nice)
- When a book has an amazing cover for the US or UK edition and I have to content myself with whatever made the cut for my specific country OR risk it getting stolen in the mail.
8_If you could give up one genre forever what would it be?
Horror, I don’t read it because I get scared faaaar too easily so I wouldn’t mind giving it up
9_Stereotypes about reading you wish would disappear
People who read fantasy have their heads in the clouds and don’t use logic Yes, no. You know how much logical and rational thought goes into a fantasy world? Just because it has fairies doesn’t mean it’s senseless and especially the “senseless” worlds have a lot of logic behind them.
Romance novels are for lonely women and aren’t real books Do I need to explain this one? I can’t enjoy a good romance without wanting to have one myself and I can have a love life and still love to read about others finding love
While we are on topics the whole idea of “real books”. that’s not a thing, if something is published in a book format (either physical books, ebooks, audiobooks, and any other book format) then it’s a book I’ll fight you on this.
People who read books are more intelligent …my man… I could be dumb as shit but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a good book and I’ve got really smart friends who don’t like reading
10_Any book-to-movie/tv show adaptations you love/look forward to? (kudos if it’s not love, Simon :P)
You monster, I CAN’T WAIT, and to make it worse it premieres later in my country, I’ll have to avoid Tumblr for a week.
Aside from that beauty, I’m really looking forward to Shadowhunters season 3, which are a loose adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s series The Mortal Instruments. I say loose because I couldn’t get through the first book and still I’m pumped for the tv show, also I’ve been informed that there are a lot of things that they did differently.
11_Name one book blogger whose reviews/posts you like!
EM? Is it cheating if I pick the person that nominated me? I just love their posts and we have pretty similar opinions so I enjoy their blog a lot
- Best book you’ve read this year? (doesn’t have to be a new release)
- Most anticipated 2018 release (it can be one that already came out)
- A book you’d recommend to everyone
- Favourite book-related memory?
- A book that you wouldn’t mind seeing it burn
- A book/series that you’d love to see adapted to either a movie or TV show
- Something that you’d like to see more in books (a culture, sexuality, disability, a rare trope, whatever you’d like to see more of)
- The book/s that got you into reading
- Favorite/s book cover
- When traveling, physical books, ebooks or audiobooks?
- An author you think should get more attention
I was on question 14 when I realized they were supposed to be 11
Also, if you like the questions then feel free to answer them as you like. Consider yourself tagged